If you’re blogging, you may wonder how other blogs that you admire seem to have gotten so big, with dozens of comments after each article indicating a good audience of readers.
Other bloggers may have had several failures before their current success, as Ali Luke points out on Copyblogger. Anyway, it’s hard work to build a blog audience. Luke lists likely reasons why another blog may be more successful than yours:
- Using different traffic-generation tactics — like running webinars instead of writing guest posts.
- Showing up more consistently than you, posting on a regular schedule, and answering comments quickly.
- Putting more thought into design: their content isn’t necessarily any better written than yours, but their blog looks great and is easy to use.
- Charging more than you. (Tip: raise your prices before you’re at the point of turning clients away.)
- Always on top of the latest stories … when you’re struggling to catch up weeks later.
- Smarter than you. They weren’t born that way: they worked for it. Need a bit of help getting there? Read 7 Ways to Get Smart(er).
Read the whole article for some questions that you should ask yourself to build a bigger audience for your blog.